Headteacher's Welcome Message
Welcome to our school website! I am very proud to be able to share with you the wonderful opportunities and developments at St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School!
St Joseph’s Catholic Primary School is a vibrant school where children are enthusiastic and motivated to achieve endless possibilities. The children are at the heart of every decision we make to ensure that they are happy, confident and that the opportunities that are provided for them are relevant to their needs both now and in the future.
We believe that school should be a happy, caring, spiritual, respectful and hardworking environment, in which all staff should utilise their skills to enable the children in their care to recognise their true potential and talents. As a Catholic community, we should endeavour to celebrate the successes of our children in all areas of school life. We can do this by showing them that we believe in them, respect them and are proud of them.
At St Joseph’s, we believe that children should be curious about their learning. Through our engaging curriculum, we ensure that children can foster a passion for learning that will help to develop high aspirations and a lifetime of memories. We believe in ensuring that children receive a well-rounded curriculum; where individual talents can be spotted and nurtured to ensure that all children experience success and reach their full potential.
The school has a dedicated team that works hard to reach high standards in everything we do and this is further embedded through our successful relationships with parents, the local community and the other schools in the Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust. We firmly believe that education is a partnership between home and school and regard you as an active partner in your child's education and value your interest and support.
I hope that this website will give you as much information as possible about our school, the staff and the many activities that our children enjoy through our curriculum and our extra-curricular activities that you need. It will grow over time as we add more information, but can never replace the first-hand experience of coming to visit us. If you have suggestions to make about its content and design or would like to see us at work please contact me.
Mrs Velayudhan Tomlin
Latest School Events
There are currently no events.
- Our school had its 5 yearly section 48 R.E. inspection in April 2017.
- World Down Syndrome Day is on Tuesday 21st March
- Young Voices-In January our choir travelled to Sheffield Arena to take part in ‘Young Voices’, effectively the biggest youth choir in the world.
- Spelling- Please have a look in your child’s planner, where you will find lists of spellings for years 3-6. These are the words that children of each age are ‘expected’ to know.
- Calling All Parents and Carers….URGENT REQUEST Do you have a morning or an afternoon to spare once a week? Would you like to come in and listen to readers in school? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!