Welcome to St Joseph's.
Our full postal address is:
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, A Voluntary Academy
Tel:01977 701 493
Headteacher- Mr. D. Redfern
In most cases, one of the named people below will answer the phone;
Business Manager-Mrs. V. Richardson
Administrators-Mrs. C. Kendrick / Mrs. S. Broughan
Here, under the guidance of our patriarch, St Joseph, and inspired by centuries of Catholic teaching, we begin to learn how to serve each other and our world with the same faithful joy which we see in Jesus, our saviour and our Lord.
The Bishop Konstant Catholic Academy Trust is an exempt charity regulated by the Secretary of State for Education. It is a company limited by guarantee registered in England and Wales, company number 8253770, whose registered office is at The Zucchi Suite, Nostell Business Estate, Nostell, Wakefield, WF4
To Him be glory and praise for ever...
ST JOSEPH’S CATHOLIC PRIMARY SCHOOL AIMS
- To work with parents, carers and the parish to stimulate and nurture each child’s faith through prayer, worship and liturgy.
- To provide a safe, welcoming and secure environment in which each child feels happy and valued and challenges him/her to become a motivated and independent learner.
- To provide a stimulating broad balanced curriculum in which the highest standards in education can be achieved.
- To nurture the uniqueness, talents and abilities of each individual to help achieve their full potential at school, at home and in society.
- To work with parents, carers and the wider community to establish Christian values regardless of race, gender, ability and cultural background.
- To provide opportunities for all staff to develop their talents and skills for their own benefit and the benefit of school and the wider community.
- To encourage personal qualities of good manners, self discipline, confidence, respect and consideration for others.
St Joseph's Catholic Primary School, Pontefract, a voluntary academy, is a welcoming learning community with Christ at its heart. We have been an academy since November 2012, as part of the
wider 'Bishop Konstant' Catholic Academy Trust, and we enjoy our close relationship with the Catholic network of schools around us.
Learning through Christ is at the heart of our school mission, and this was affirmed when we were judged as 'outstanding in all areas' both in our 2012 Ofsted inspection and our 2012 R. E inspection.
We have supportive parents, wonderful, well behaved, enthusiastic children and a very supportive governing body.We work hard to ensure we are a central part of the community of St Joseph's, and have a very close relationship with our Parish priest, Father Simon Lodge.
To see our term dates for 2016-2017, or for 2017-2018, click on the 'more' button and then 'parents'.
You are most welcome to give your viewpoints of the school by completing a questionnaire via this website link: www.parentview.co.uk
- Down Syndrome-Did you know?
World Down Syndrome Day is on Tuesday 21st March
- Young Voices 2017
Young Voices-In January our choir travelled to Sheffield Arena to take part in ‘Young Voices’, effectively the biggest youth choir in the world.
Spelling- Please have a look in your child’s planner, where you will find lists of spellings for years 3-6. These are the words that children of each age are ‘expected’ to know.
- School readers needed!!!! ALWAYS!!!
Calling All Parents and Carers….URGENT REQUEST Do you have a morning or an afternoon to spare once a week? Would you like to come in and listen to readers in school? If so, we would be delighted to hear from you!
- Language course for parents
Language course for parents
Latest School Events
- St Joseph's feast day mass28Apr2017
10:00 am - 11:00 am @ Church
We will share this occasion with Holy Family and St Michael's
- Confirmation weekend07May2017
- Year 6 Sats week08May2017
@ Year 6
This is year 6 Sats week.Please make sure all children are in school all week.
- First Holy Communion at all Masses14May2017
- Friends Tuck shop19May2017
3:00 pm - 3:30 pm @ Ks 2 playground
Bring your pennies in boys and girls!